Circus Factory is a contemporary circus training and creation space in Cork City and a leading organisation for the provision of Circus Arts in Ireland. Our aim is to deliver an engaging, high quality and inclusive year round programme for all ages and levels through education, training, participation, performance and professional development
A position has become available for a General Manager right here at Circus Factory.
The ideal candidate will be an expert communicator who has a strong ability to delegate responsibility and collaborate across a range of departments. Ultimately, the general manager should be driven by a desire to lead our company to maximum productivity and efficiency while achieving our company objectives as set out in our Strategic Development Plan.
This role is part-time with a maximum of 25 hours per week, to be conducted on site at the company’s registered address. It should be noted that at busier times more hours may be required of the role and this will be allocated by way Time in Lieu logging.
At Circus Factory, we relate our success directly to the strength of our management team. To continue operating at our high standards, our general manager needs to be a born leader. This person will have experience in overseeing business operations as well as human resources, finance, and communications.
Objectives of this role
- Review and improve organisational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivational work environment, and implementing innovative changes
- Adhere to company standards for excellence and quality
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
- Maintain a positive and inclusive environment for all staff, visitors, audiences and stakeholders alike
- Administrative upkeep for good governance compliance
- Annual calendar scheduling for Circus Factory’s registered address
- Delegation of upkeep and maintenance of relevant space(s) and equipment including the rostering of supervision of the same.
- Ensuring good governance policies are kept up to date from relevant parties.
- Member communications
- FOH email management
- Oversee day-to-day operations of Circus Factory’s registered address.
- Human resources contract preparation with oversight from CEO/Artistic Director.
- Develop, implement, and maintain annual budgets. Delegating relevant budgets to project staff.
- Fundraising and grant applications to support the CEO/Artistic Director for submission in timely manner
- Any and all ad hoc activities as required to support the needs and objectives of the company
€21,500 per year, to be paid by monthly payroll
Required skills and qualifications
- Proven success in a managerial role, for a minimum of 2 years
- Strong decision-making ability
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Proven ability to develop and achieve financial plans
- Ability to motivate and lead employees, and hold them accountable
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in business management or related field
- Knowledge and interest in the arts
- Experience in conducting performance evaluations
- Working knowledge of human-resources processes
- CEO/Artistic Director
- To Board by Request
- Together with preparation of any required reports for Board approval including finance and fundraising
Period of Agreement
2 Years subject to review for a further extension
Applicants are invited to submit:
- A detailed CV outlining suitability for the role and all relevant experience
- A letter of application (cover letter)
- Contact details for two professional referees
Applications will be accepted by email only and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm May 11th.
Interviews are expected to take place during the week of May 22nd.
If you think this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Circus Factory is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, gender, religion, nationality, disability, medical history or personal circumstances. We base all our employment decisions on merit and suitability.