Circus Factory has taken home the overall winnner of Best Social Media Campaign at Cork Chamber’s Cork Digital Marketing Awards last evening at the Clayton Hotel Silver Springs (October 6th, 2023).
The winning Social Media Campaign was that of ‘Four Lovers’, our Shakespeare meets Circus excerpt that took place in June as part of Cork Midsummer Festival. When accepting the award, our Marketing Manager Megan said “this is a really huge achievement”. As Circus Factory was competing with large and diverse programming in the Cork Midsummer Festival, selling out a four night run speaks volumes to the success of the campaign. Special thanks was also given to the Arts Council of Ireland for their continued support and funding of Circus Factory.
The Social Media Campaign for ‘Four Lovers’ had seven objectives:
1. Sell out four nights
2. Communicate this is an excerpt of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream
3. Introduce people to Circus Factory as a venue
4. Give people an insight as to what to expect in the show
5. Build familiarity with the audience by introducing the characters of the show
6. Reach new audiences
7. Break down barriers related to Shakespeare
And through various methods including video ads, reels, posts and takeovers, those objectives were met.
Samples of the Cork Digital Marketing Campaign Award Winning Campaign
Circus Factory were nominees in a number of other categories including:
- Best Digital Marketing Team – Finalist
- Best use of Instagram – Semi – Finalist
- Best in Content Creation – Nominee