Gymnastics for Adults
Gymnastis for Adults Class
This gymnastics course is a structured adults gymnastics class for beginners or improvers looking to start/ improve their movement in a safe space while having fun in an open accepting space! While there will be a focus on safety, the main priority will be to let loose and have fun. The class will be guided with a warmup, conditioning and specific movement focus for developing your moves. Everyone may have a different move in mind and all ideas are welcome.
The structure will consist of a yoga based warmup and cooldown, conditioning, stationary and more dynamic moves/ All with the help of a bouncy track and plenty of mats for soft landings.
Date: September 12th – Oct 24th
Time: 8.00pm – 9.15pm
Level Suitable for beginners and improvers
Are there any pre-requirements to attend?
The class is beginner friendly. The purpose is to have fun moving. If adults have problems with high blood pressure, they need to have it under control for the likes of inversions. Any injuries should be explained to check if this type of movement is safe for you.
Five Reasons to Attend the Gymnastics for Adults
- It will give you the chance to tick off that ‘handstand’ or ‘cartwheel’ on your bucket
- It will be an open fun space for people to test their physical abilities and improve on them in ways you may have forgotten since childhood.
- It will give you the opportunity to progress in a safe space without the hazards of living room tables as you try your yoga inversions.
- The craic will be had! Games will be played and laughs will be at the forefront when we aren’t ‘in the zone’ of trying to nail that floor move.
- Structure- This will give you the chance to set, train and accomplish goals thanks to the knowledge of someone who has spent a lot of time in the area of gymnastics and movement. Community can’t be underrated in the power it possesses to encourage others also.
About Your Coach:
“I grew up in the most basic of gymnastics gyms and as the sport progressed, I saw more and more of the world of gymnastics from the bottom up as I evolved with my local clubs. While a lot of the people I started with have gone their own directions in life, I’ve always felt a pull into that fun space of gymnastics- the fun kind, not the competitive perfectionist kind.
Why Mary Loves Gymnastics
The simplicity of moving around in fun ways wherever and whenever in a safe way was the part that drew me in. I am a child at heart, always. As a passionate teacher, I am always inclined to share my love for this movement. Since I was as young as 15 I helped out and eventually worked as a coach in my local gym, at 12 I was taken out of school early on Fridays to help assist and give demos to an up and coming new gym in a far flung part of Clare! The love for teaching was always there.
I look forward in hearing a room of adults laugh those abs into shape while we work through moves together.”
Registration email/URL - https://goteamup.com/p/3536154-circus-factory/courses/dates/609587/