(Un) Holy Blood at by Lidija Šola | St. Lukes
Circus Factory member Lidija Šola presents (Un)Holy Blood, Saturday 6th May 2023 | Show 9pm
An armless saint.
A feminist church.
A power-hungry priestess.
Lasanta is attempting something no one has done before – summon Saint Lirio back to earth. But the broken souls of the oppressed have other ideas.
A transdisciplinary performance highlighting the pitfalls of organised religion and challenging the ways we engage in feminism, (Un)Holy Blood is a subversive blend of contemporary circus, theatre, dance and visual art.
May She come.
(Un)Holy Blood, Saturday 6th May 2023 | Show 9pm
Live at St Luke’s, Summerhill North T23 XE29 Cork
Get your tickets for (Un) Holy Blood
Lidija Sola is a Croatian contemporary circus artist and co-founder of Tricycle Trauma, an experimental circus collective that sets out to drive social change through their art. Lidija works cross disciplinary and creates work through a combination of circus, contemporary dance, physical theatre, experimental music and visual arts.
Sadhbh Moriarty is a playwright and fiction writer living in Cork City. Her writing reflects the nuances of Irish life and is often tinged with elements of the absurd. She was a recipient of the Eamonn Keane Full Length Play Award, shortlisted for Michael McLaverty Short Story Award and has an MA in Creative Writing from the University of Brighton.
- Director and performer: Lidija Šola
- Dramaturg and co-writer: Sadhbh Moriarty
- Sound and video designer: Neil Feely
- Projection mapping designer and sound: Cormac O’Connor
- Light designer: Ronan O’Shea
- Film director: Shaun O’Connor
- Film illustrations and poster designer: Martha Hegarty
- Voiceover: Katie O’Neill
- Movement mentor: Inma Pavon
- Costume design: Valentina Gambardella
- Production manager: Conor McCague
- Stage manager: Molly Foley
- Scenography: Adi Alkabets and Linda Cullen
- Production: Tricycle Trauma
- Production assistants: Caterina Xander, Justine Lepage
- Rigger: Tony Mahon
Supported by Arts Council Ireland, Cork City Council and Circus Factory.
RUNNING TIME: 50 MIN | AGE RECOMMENDATION: 18+
TRIGGER WARNINGS: Show features blood and references to sexual violence and adult themes. Strobe lights and atmospheric effects are used during this performance.