Vertical Aerial Intensive | Rope, Silks & Straps
We are delighted to partner with the National Circus Festival of Ireland to invite Gianluca Gentilomo (on suggestion from Giulia Pasquale – Circus Factory Coach) to give an vertical aerial intensive over three evenings. This workshop is suitable for advanced beginners up to all levels in rope, silks & straps.
Vertical Aerial Intensive for Advanced Beginners:
The vertical intensive will focus on:
- Initial check and analysis of the keys, basic figures of the different tools as well as the basic physical preparation on which all the work will be based. The program is adapted and can undergo changes depending on the various technical levels of the students. The goal is to bring added values to their technique, according to my method.
- Specific and preparatory physical preparation with respect to the figures or exercises to be covered
- Study of some sequences “of control” and directly, study of roll-up and roll-down that introduces the theme of
“aerial proprioception”:seek balance with your body in the air by activating specific parts of the body using possible support points with the tool
- Analysis of static figures and “keys” indispensable for a complete vocabulary of one’s body in the air (plank, meat hook, back flag, back and front balance, scorpion, etc.). We will later analyse some possible developments from these positions; important aspect for me is to find the possible links working on the individual elements and then on their connections to create organicity in the movement.
- Study of aerial technique in dynamics, starting from the right posture and specific physical preparation to deal with different oscillations, will first explore the opportunities that dynamic movements offer when applied to figures and sequences already known; both exercises and specific transitions in which only dynamics are used.
Date: October 31st- November 2nd
Time: 6.30pm –9.30pm
Level: Advanced beginners +
Are there any pre-requirements to attend?
A minimum practice is necessary especially on fabrics and rope so you can do straddle, pull-up to be able to climb and then a basic physical preparation for aerial acrobatics. Advanced beginners and upwards.
5 Reasons to Attend the Intensive (from Gianluca):
- We are going to work on the “grammar” and the foundations and the vocabulary of rope and silks, to be able to deal in an analytical way any figure or sequence
- I am a very passionate teacher 🙂
- We are going to focus on dynamic movements helpful to
change the quality of the movement
- I have been teaching for more than 12 years, from aerial
amateurs to professionist, of any age and level
- My work is focused on the connection links between rope, silks and straps, thay have a similar language that can also be recognizsed and applied in trapeze and hoop, in general, useful and used with all aerial acrobatics equipments
About Your Vertical Aerial Intensive Coach:
Gianluca Gerlando Gentiluomo
“Graduated from the School of Cirko Vertigo in Turin in 2011, at the Arc en Cirque school in Chambery in 2013, he follows a one-year specialization course again at the Vertigo school in 2014. Currently enrolled in the University Degree Course of the school Vertigo/DAMS for “Contemporary circus artist; disciplines of the figurative arts, music and entertainment”.
It is also formed through cycles of stage and creation for shows with Marigia Maggipinto, Giorgio Rossi, Caterina M. Sismondi, Lupa Maimone, Natalia Vallebona for theater-dance; Philip Radice, Ginevra Scaglia, Luisella Tamietto, Gonzalo Alarcon for theater-physical and clown.”
He has been teaching for more than 10 years in different professional and amateur schools internationally as well as invited to different festivals and air meetings: Cirko Vertigo school, Materiaviva Academy, Die Etage (Germany), organizer of Spazio Bizzarro in the Air, Bliss circus (India), INAC circus school (Portugal); Aerial Arts Austria, Confluence meeting (France), Trobada de cuerda, La Central del Circ (Spain).
In possession of the BIAC (Brevet d’Initiateur aux Arts du Cirque) obtained at the French Federation of Circus Schools (FFEC), qualified to teach circus arts at amateur and professional level.
He has worked as a performer with several Italian and foreign companies: Circo acquatico Bellucci, Festival Br’Ain de Cirque (France), Blucinque and Vertigosuite (Circo Vertigo Italia), Cia. Nientedimeno (Italy), Nalda Factory (South Korea), Balich Worldwide Show “Leila the Land of imagination” (Saudi Arabia) to name a few; he also performs with his show only “Sale-spectacle de cirque, musique et cordes d’amour”contemporary circus show with disciplines such as smooth rope, soft rope, juggling and physical theater.
He participates as a performer in numerous shows and festivals in Italy and abroad (Italia’s got talent, X-Factor, Christmas Gala and dinner show “Impact Artists” in England, “Illumination festival” in Scotland).
Street, circus and theatre artist since 1999.”
Registration email/URL - https://goteamup.com/p/3536154-circus-factory/courses/89672/98913/