- For Artists
- For Adults
- For Kids
- For Communities
- About Us
- 3 Month Introduction Circus Course
- Pitch’d Festival
- Gift Cards
Circus Factory is a regional hub for the provision of Circus and Street Arts in Cork and the South West of Ireland.
Our aim is to deliver an engaging programme for young people, adults, and artists in multiple disciplines and career stages.
Our flagship event Pitch’d Circus and Street Arts Festival is committed to promoting the artform to a wider public, celebrating our circus community, and encouraging participation at any level.
We are diligent in developing and supporting artists through residencies and fair pay, as outlined in the Arts Council fair pay policy.
Circus Factory started out as a small grass roots collective in 2000 when 5 students from Belfast Circus School came to Cork to set up the Cork Community Circus Project.
Circus Factory has grown year on year and is now a key circus and street arts resource for education, training, performance artists and community from all levels and backgrounds.
Following a Strategic review in January 2021 by Arts Consultant, Kath Gorman, we have identified the following strategic priorities for continued growth of Circus Factory.
1. Being a key resource for the professional development of circus artists in the South West region.
2. Creating a high quality and inclusive education and community circus programme for the South West
3. Building a visible brand and identity, strengthening and growing audiences and participation in the circus, and building meaningful partnerships both in the South West and nationally.
4. Implementing best practices through our governance and operations, supporting us to fully achieve our vision